Monday, March 2, 2009

Psalm 40 Excerpts

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. 

Many will see what He has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the Lord. Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord, who have no confidence in the proud, or in those who worship idols. O Lord, my God, you have done many miracles for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them. 

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord thinking about me right now. You are my helper and my savior. Do not delay, O my God." - Psalm 40:1-5, 17

--I would not trade these trials for anything. I would not wish to be in any other place in life right now. The love we have been shown by God and by His beautiful, wonderful people is so fulfilling and so humbling. The prayers we have received and the prayers we have given in this time have renewed us, strengthened us, broken us, and changed us. His love is unfailing and He is so full of this love, it IS Him. 

There is no glory without trials and I think we are finally learning to embrace them and learning to allow the Lord to work in and through them instead of trying to figure out the whos, wheres, and most of all, the whys. We move forward in his love, knowing that we are loved and treasured, and out of that I've learned to trust. 

1 comment:

  1. Genevieve......your FAITH and TRUST in our almighty God is truly inspiring and encouraging. i LOVE that you created this blog.....so we can be up to date, but more than that....to support you as you step up in a new way to support and care for your family.

    Please let me know how I can help you.

    i love you sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete