Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're In-Surgery


(This is the heart shirt I'm sporting today in honor of it all.)

Running about 15/20 minutes early. They paged us back at 1:00 and put me in the holding room while they prepped Jayme for surgery. From that point on I'm not exactly sure how much time passed before they called me back to see him but eventually they did. I didn't have much time with him at that point. ...and that's where the crying began. I'm pretty good about keeping it together but for those first few moments I let it go, and so did he. Although they did say that some of his overt emotions were probably due to the anesthesia they had just given him. I asked him if he was nervous and he still said he wasn't. He just missed me and Evangeline. 

As I sat in the holding room mumbling prayers, the Lord reminded me that I'd be foolish to think that my life or Jayme's life is in our hands or our control any other day more than it is today. Each day is precious and each day is held in the hands of our loving Father. There is no room for worry. 

I found it amusing that the others in the holding room seemed to deal with the anxious thoughts the same way I do. One woman was watching Gilligan's Island and the other was watching Ice Age. Yep, reverting to happy thoughts and childhood always calms a potentially anxious mind. I love it. I also love the camaraderie exemplified when people go through things together, even if you don't know each other otherwise. 

Well now I'm tired. That kind of tired after 5 hrs sleep and then some tears, almost wiped. I'm so thankful for internet and family and friends. Wonderful distractions :) 

They said the first update should come about 45 minutes into it once they make the incision. So we're just waiting for that. 

I have no cell phone service for anyone who has tried to call but I do have internet!! And I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment