Friday, March 6, 2009

Keeping Busy

I have to say at this point each day just gets busier as we get closer to the surgery. This morning I did lay in bed trying not to wake up because I didn't know where to begin today, there was so much to do. 

But everyday God shows His grace and strength. It's awesome. Jayme is feeling a lot better today. He still has some soreness and still had restrictions in order to recover from the heart cath so he couldn't lift Evangeline or over-exert himself in any way. That means it was up to me to finish cleaning the carpets. ;) We're trying to get a lot of "spring cleaning" done before the surgery so we don't have to worry about any of it later. 

I'm just amazed at how fast this week is going already. Each day is packed full of things to do and before we know it, it will be Thursday. I admit, the closer it gets the more and more apprehensive I am getting. I'm not worried and I'm excited for it to be behind us, but my Type-A personality just begins to come out and I want to know exactly what it will be like and exactly what to expect so I can prepare. I am not naive, both Jayme and I know that there will be difficult and maybe unpleasant moments but we have the highest expectations for God's peace and healing abilities. I'm so thankful to be able to rest in Him. 

1 comment: