Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here We Sit

Ok I am sitting in the main lobby of Vanderbilt...waiting. We have been here since about 8:30 a.m. with hopes and assumptions that surgery would run early if anything. But we were just informed that Dr. Petracek had an emergency patient so Jayme's surgery has been pushed back to 2:30. Oh my gosh. I'm sure there is purpose in this but I'll admit I'm fighting frustration. At this moment we are ready to just move on with it. 

I feel so bad for those who are here with us waiting even longer than they expected to, hahaha. We have wonderful friends and family. Family left to get some lunch. Jayme still can't have anything to eat. Pray this day passes quickly! 

On a good note, another couple who we met in our pre-op class is here this morning as well. The wife has had heart problems since birth. I've been chatting with him this morning as he's been very nervous but all went perfectly well with her! Praise God! Pray for them if you think of it. Truly I don't know their names but God knows who I'm talking about :) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you all have to wait for the Surgery!! Just know that it will be over and done with and on with Jayme's reovery at home with you and your Baby Girl!My prayers are with you all! Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing all the Beautiful Family Photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a few minutes ago, while standing at the water cooler at work, I noticed my heart was racing, which rarely happens ever since I had the same surgery that Jayme is having today to repair the identical issue. I thought to myself, that's weird. My heart doesn't do that anymore! But then I remembered that Jayme was going into surgery and I saw that God was just reminding me to pray for you guys. I'm living breathing proof that this tricky surgery can be successful. I have a better heart now than I did as a teenager and I believe that God will provide the same for Jayme!

    - Jason

    ReplyDelete