Friday, March 20, 2009

Whata Year

All goes well here in the Braun household. We are so thankful for those of you who have cared for us in such a variety of ways. Prayers are felt, encouragement is received, and meals are enjoyed! 

I was reflecting today on this past year and wondering if it was a particularly difficult year or if this is just what life is like as you grow older. For those of you who don't know, it was April when Jayme was diagnosed with mitral regurgitation, and May when Evangeline was born. In September Jayme's father passed away, and in October my brother had brain surgery. November was Jayme's dad's memorial service and December was spent contemplating whether to move forward with Jayme's surgery or not. In the midst of all that were many more smaller instances of challenges and trials that I'll leave out for now. For the last 6 months to a year it seems that it has always been something. 

I say all that, not to complain but to reflect on just how faithful God is through it all. And even if Evangeline were the only good thing to have come out of all of that (though there are many more), she would be enough. She is true joy. God is truly a sustainer. He has kept us not only alive through it all but happy and peaceful. There are things we experienced this year that I hope we never have to experience again, and things that I don't have answers to or the rhyme or reason, but I hope to understand one day. There are things that have happened that have pushed us to grow and I hope that at the end of it we are stronger, bolder, and wiser individuals. I pray that we allow God to mold us into the people He has called us to be so that we can fulfill everything He has called us to do. This is our journey and all of these events are part of it. Pray for us that we would embrace the inner work that God is doing and yield to the changing of our hearts. I'm afraid I'm not doing such a good job of it these days. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Genevieve and Jayme,
    I'm so glad to hear everything is going good for you all! You have been through a very, very straining year!! It happens to everyone at some point in our lives! It did for us the first round 10 years ago! But unlike you I crashed big time! But as of today we made it through and since then my husband lost his Mother a year ago in Sept. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary on Sept. 10, 2008. Our children, we have two, our Daughter Valerie is going to graduate from Temple University in May with her Major in Film and Video, she will be 22, May 10th 2009, Mothers Day! When she was born it was actually Mothers Day but her birthday doesn't hit on Mothers Day every year but this year it does! Our Son is 18 and graduated from High School last May and his name is Allan Jr., after his Dad. Unfortunately he wasn't an Academically involved Student in School but he was going to go to a Big Machinery Operator College in Virginia for Certification and it was only a 9 week program. Now he doesn't know what he wants to do but he has always been a hard worker and has a full time job! He still has time to figure out what he wants to do! God has pulled us through alot of tough times and still does!!I pray all the time and we go to church weekly and my favorite time to go is on a sat. afternoon when the sun is shining through the stained glass windows! It just feels as though God is surrounding us with all his Love!I'm sorry it has been such a tough year for you all but for some reason God puts us to the Test constantly in our Lives! Your doing a great job especially having such a strong Faith!
    God Bless you all and Thank You for keeping us updated so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve and Jayme,
    I was trying to get my E Mail to go through but it wouldn't, so I hope it does this time!I heard about you going to have your surgery through Jimmy Waynes, Video! I'm a Jimmy Fan and I kind of got to meet most of you at the last show I was at the Crocodile Rock Cafe, Alentown, PA Feb. 2009. We were in the Pizza shop eating and so were most of the Band and I was asking Zac if we were allowed to have camera or not? Anyhow just to give you an idea of who I am! Sharon Lucasi!!

    ReplyDelete