Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scary Night

Last night was a little scary. Jayme started feeling slightly feverish later in the evening and by the time we got in bed he was very warm and his heart rate was really high. Of course we didn't have an accurate thermometer in the house except for the one I use on Evangeline and we weren't going to use that one ;) So I left the house in my pajamas and a sweatshirt and headed to Walgreens at 11 p.m. to buy a thermometer. (Can I just say that I think I'd be o.k. to never see the inside of a Walgreens again after this week). 

He fluctuated between a fever of 100 and 101. In the paperwork we received at the hospital they want you to call if you get a fever of 101.5 or higher because of the threat of Endocarditis, which is a life-threatening infection in the heart. Of course no one was there when I called so it was the choice of spending the night in the E.R. or at home. 

I sent out a text message to some of our faithful prayer warriors and we stayed home and prayed. I continued to pray over him as he tried to rest and by 12:30 a.m. the fever was gone! His heart rate went down but not a whole lot, and of course I fought the thoughts of "What if this whole thing doesn't even take? What if it doesn't work and the valve breaks again?" But what can I do about it? I chose to fight the thoughts and hand it to God and trust Him with it regardless of outcome. And for the most part we both slept peacefully. 

Jayme's still resting this morning but I will keep you posted as to how he is doing.

3 comments:

  1. Glade to hear his fever broke and his heart rate went down some. My prayers are with each of you. Jayme stay strong and get well soon. Take care of yourself and don't over do it when your up and around. Love and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jayme and Genevieve:
    We give thanks to God for all good news about Jayme's condition. We know that He will lay His healing hands on Jayme and, as each day passes, Jayme will realize more strength in his road to recovery.
    Please continue your posts to us so that we can pray for his continued progress.
    Love and peace to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that his fever broke. Keep posting his condition and tell him we are thinking of him any your family. We continue to pray for his speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete