Friday, March 13, 2009

Night-night Day 2

Jayme is continuing to do well. They re-dressed his chest incision tonight and removed the bandage from the incision in his groin. The incisions look pretty good I suppose, of course I don't really know what they should like. They are fresh and still irritated and raised but of course they will continue to heal with every day. 

Hoping to get the drainage tubes out of his chest tomorrow. So far he hasn't shown an excess or abnormal amount of drainage so it looks hopeful. He's back in bed and hopefully getting some rest. They were going to try a stronger dose of medication tonight to kind of break through that pain wall as well as give him something to help him sleep. Kym is staying with him tonight but he was doing very well when I left. 

Kym and Michele leave in the morning :(  Aside from that everything is going well. I do feel a little bit torn because Evangeline is having a rough week with teething, testing her boundaries, and the inconsistency of not knowing who she will see when she wakes every day. When I'm with her I feel like I should be with Jayme and when I'm with him oftentimes I feel like I should be there for her. I suppose that part of it all will be over once we get discharged and life goes back to a little more normal than it is right now. 

I am going to bed now, it will be wonderful to sleep. I'll catch you up tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Genevieve,
    You poor thing!! That's your Motherly Intuition to be with your Baby and your sick husband too! This has been so hard fo you all! I just can't beleive that you are taking the time to keep everybody updated!! You must be exhausted! Thank God he has taken care of Jayme and all of you too!

    ReplyDelete